About Campkapapa Campground
2021 Season: Open June 1 – Sep 30, 2022
Relax in our beautiful, historical, fun, and eco-friendly camp environment. Mountains surround us in a wooded setting, breathe in some of the purest air while camping along the shores of the largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi. Our tent sites have wood platforms that are spacious with a great view of the lake.
Our wall tent and teepees have traditional Kootenai appeal with comfortable bedding or enjoy a nights stay in our micro-cabin with its own special features. We have limited flat spots for vans and small dry campers.
Spending your extended stay at Camp Kapapa means you’re in great company. You will have the opportunity to experience Kootenai hospitality, have the opportunity to learn about our tribal history, and take advantage of the great off-grid amenities waiting for you.
If you are interested in tent camping please book through our hipcamp site here.
Social distancing isn’t a problem while camping, however, we take the safety of our guests and camping very seriously.
- CDC, State, and CSKT tribal government guidelines have been implemented to follow safety procedures to keep everyone safe as possible.
- Wiping down all rental equipment with disinfectant after each use.
- During guided tours, we require masks and social distancing for your safety.
- Handwashing stations are available at each campsite.
- All payments are done in the form of cards via our website instead of cash.
Campground Park Map
Site prices and packages vary. Our wall tent sleeps up to 6 people per site and 1 licensed vehicle. You may request a specific site, however site numbers are not guaranteed.
Please stop by the Office to complete the check-in process.
Frequently Asked Questions
The nearest grocery stores are located in Polson Montana. There is also Wal-Mart Super Center in Polson and Costco in Kalispell.
2-6 depending on campsite.
Yes every campsite has its own fire ring. The master tent also has a camp stove.
Each campsite has a barbeque available for grilling.
- Limited camper/van sites available for small dry campers only.
- No RV dumping sites.
- No electrical or water hookups.
- Camp showers and camp toilets provided.